Upcoming Services at St. Georges
Sunday March 25
- Passion/Palm Sunday.
- 10:30 AM – Liturgy of the Palms and Eucharist. Contemporary language. Music: Hosanna to the Son of David (Hutchings), Surely, he hath borne our griefs (Handel), Drop, drop slow tears (Daley). David Hurd communion setting.
Wednesday March 28
- Eucharist in the chapel (shortened service – completed by 12:30)
Thursday March 29
- Maundy Thursday
- Potluck meal at 6:00 PM
- 7:30 PM – Footwashing, Eucharist and Strippng of the Sanctuary. Contemporary language. Music: A New Commandment (Shephard), Ubi Caritas (Duruflé). David Hurd Communion setting.
Friday March 30
- Good Friday
- 9:15 AM – Stations of the Cross – Good Friday service especially for children
- 10:30 AM – Good Friday Liturgy. Music: Were you there? (Bob Chilcott), The Reproaches (John Sanders)
Easter Sunday April 1
- 10:30 AM – Eucharist. Contemporary language. Music: This Joyful Eastertide (Wood), Now the Green Blade Riseth (trad. French), Hallelujah Chorus (Handel), Darke in F Communion setting. Brass Quartet.
Sunday April 8
- Second Sunday of Easter
- 10:30 AM – Eucharist. Traditional language. Music: Easter Carol (Keith Davies Jones). Merbecke Communion setting.
- 4:00 PM – Readings and Music for the Easter Season. Scripture readings, prayers, congregational hymns and music by Haydn, Ireland, Handel and others. Brass Quartet
March 07, 2018
February 27, 2018
February 23, 2018